TOUCH BY FOOT... TOUCH BY HAND... TOUCH BY SPIRIT...
It is MANDATORY for every participant on all Taglit-Birthright Israel trips to have an extended health insurance policy. This policy must (i) cover pre-existing conditions and (ii) provide coverage in Israel. You will be required to provide us with documentation evidencing this Insurance Policy, including the Insurer's contact information in cases of emergencies in Israel, prior to your departure.
If you do not hold such an insurance policy, YOU MUST purchase one! Without it you will NOT be allowed to travel.
To purchase your extended Health Insurance, click here.
Extended Health Insurance
The cheapest and simplest way to purchase medical insurance is through an Israeli company like CTAS. CTAS Insurers are an independent and extremely competitive provider who work with many Taglit-Birthright Israel providers to bring you a fully comprehensive insurance at great rates.
What does the CTAS plan cover?
- Medical insurance in Israel with coverage for most Pre-existing conditions
- Insurance in the case of lost, damaged to stolen baggage (up to $800)
- 24 hour immediate assistance
- Loss of personal items throughout the trip (does not include luggage lost by airline)
- Baggage delay compensation
- No paying out of pocket
- Optional cancellation insurance for coverage of domestic flight costs in case you miss the trip due to a personal illness, an immediate family medical emergency, a cancelled domestic flight or a delayed return flight to Israel
- The policy only costs $38 (based on a 10 day trip)
Travel Insurance is not mandatory, but we do encourage all participants with connecting flights, to purchase a travel insurance in the event of flight cancellations and flight delays. Travel Insurance will also cover you in the event of baggage lost / delayed by the airline.